March 12, 2012 · 7:45 pm
Last week, the European Parliament’s ITRE committee voted for lowering roaming costs within the EU. This marked a big success and step forward for our campaign. The Parliament’s vote followed a proposal of the European Commission from last July but demands even lower price caps for roaming:
- no more than 15 ct/min to make calls and 5 ct/min to receive calls by 2014,
- no more than 5 ct for sending SMS,
- no more than 50 ct/MB for internet access from 2012,
- no more than 20 ct/MB for internet access from 2014,
- easier access for alternative operators to offer cheaper roaming services.
Continue reading →
September 8, 2011 · 10:57 am
We are happy to announce that MEPs Catherine Stihler and Christian Engström have joined our call for lower mobile roaming charges across the EU. Catherine Stihler is a member of the Labour Party from Scotland and focuses on consumer rights through her work in the European Parliament’s Committee on Internal Market and Consumer Protection. Christian Engström represents the Swedish Pirate Party, sits on the Committee on Internal Market and Consumer Protection as well and specialises on internet and telecommunications policy.
Please visit their websites at cstihlermep.com and christianengstrom.wordpress.com to find out more about their work.
You must be logged in to post a comment.