September 24, 2013 · 2:49 pm
Reacting to the new and widely discussed proposal of the European Commission to create a single telecom market, the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) is organising a public consultation on roaming, asking “What would abolishing EU roaming charges change for you”. The chairman of the EESC is one of the key supporters of the proposal to remove roaming charges.
This public consultation is giving you the chance to say what you think about:
- Abolishing EU roaming charges
- The future of mobile communications in the EU
- What this all means for you
- What Europe should now do.
Please take part in the consultation and make sure your voice is heard in Europe: http://www.eesc.europa.eu/?i=portal.en.take-part-roaming
Mark the date
The results of the consultation will be presented in a public hearing on Wednesday, October 23 2013, at the EESC in Brussels!
You can find information, reports and photos about the event on the website of the EESC at http://www.eesc.europa.eu/?i=portal.en.events-and-activities-roaming
November 14, 2011 · 6:09 pm
We have once again been able to gain new supporters for our campaign over the last days! We therefore now stand at 13 organisations or companies reaching hundreds of thousands of people and 11 members of the European Parliament and are growing constantly!
Here are the newest additions to our growing list of supporters:
- Last weekend, Europe United and the French Parti Federaliste merged to form the new European Federalist Party – that is now also a proud supporter of our cause! The European Federalist Party is the largest truly pan-European political party with members all over Europe that works for a more democratic and united Europe.
- Elmar Brok, member of the European Parliament for the CDU from North Rhine-Westphalia. Elmar Brok is one of the leading members of the CDU and the European People’s Party EPP and sits on some of the most powerful committees of the European Parliament.
- Tru is a privately owned mobile wireless network that specialises in global, borderless communication solutions and offers roaming-free connectivity through internet calls and international SIM cards. Tru offers roaming-free mobile solutions for personal and enterprise use.
- The Foundation Catalunya Europa is one of the largest foundations working for a united Europe in the region of Catalonia. The Foundation brings together most pro-European organisations located in the region and organises and participates in activities all over Europe that strengthen the European idea.
- The European Forum of e-Excellence EMF is the cross-stakeholders’ network promoting excellence in the digital economy. EMF gathers a broad group of highly innovative and market-driven stakeholders in the digital economy: associations and clusters, large companies, research organisations, public entities, investors, individual experts, etc. EMF thus represents the true engines of the digital economy, while its network reaches out to more than 15.000 ICT-related entities throughout Europe and the world.
September 7, 2011 · 8:56 am
On September 20, Róża Thun MEP, who also supports our campaign, will host a working breakfast and debate with MEPs and Stakeholders on the new EU roaming regulation. The event will take place from 08:15 to 10:00 at the Members’ Salon in the European Parliament in Brussels.
During the discussion the Polish Telecoms Regulator will present its proposal on how to lower roaming cost further by injecting more competition into the European telecommunications market. Further speakers are expected to include Róża Thun MEP and Marek Sowa, Marshal of the Małopolska Region; Vesa Terava, Head of Unit, DG INFSO; Angelika Niebler MEP; Wolfgang Kopf, Senior Executive Vice President, Public & Regulatory Affairs, Deutsche Telekom; and Monika Stajnarova, Junior Economic Officer, BEUC.
For more information on the event and to register, please head over to the website of Róża Thun MEP.
July 4, 2011 · 9:46 am
Get the best overview over the issue of mobile phone roaming, all the latest developments, the key stakeholders and an overview over the new roaming regulation proposed by the European Commission on 6 July in our brand new Press Dossier on roaming:
Download it here (PDF): Roaming press dossier – 07 July 2011 (Updated Version 07 July 2011)
Filed under Press, Statements
Tagged as Commission, developments, dossier, European Commission, media, overview, press, Press dossier, proposal, roaming, stakeholders
You must be logged in to post a comment.